IndusNet is an online service which allows you to do virtually all your banking activities at your convenience. Through IndusNet you can access all your banking and depository accounts with the Bank, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the world.
Who can register for IndusNet?
All customers of IndusInd Bank having either Savings or Current account, operated on either or survivor / anyone or survivor basis, can register for INDUSNET.
Will I be charged for availing IndusNet?
IndusNet is a free service, providing you access to your accounts and lets you transact over the internet. However, standard commission/transaction fees for certain bank services still apply. Please refer the Schedule of Charges to know more on any applicable charge.
How can I register for IndusNet?
There are multiple way to register:
Register online using your Debit cum ATM Card by visiting www.indusind.com and clicking on the Register Now link.
You may call our contact center on numbers shared in the Contact Us section or
You may visit our Branch.
What do I need for IndusNet?
Indusnet is best viewed on 1024 X 768 resolution in Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox Version 3.0 or higher
While IndusNet can be accessed through other browser versions and browser resolutions, some functionality / pages may not load as per expectations
You need a Java enabled browser, if your browser is not Java enabled Click Here to download the Plug In (http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp)
How secure is IndusNet?
At IndusInd Bank, security of your account transactions has always been our priority. We at IndusInd Bank have made all efforts to ensure your security and have already implemented 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Plus, a host of internal control measures and processes ensure that your transactions remain confidential.
Listed below are some tips to ensure more security.
Use the Virtual Keypad to enter your Login Password and Debit Card PIN
Change your Login Password and Transaction Password on your first login
Change your Password frequently or at least once a month, through the Change Password option
Destroy the Password after memorizing it, do not write down your password or store it anywhere. Avoid using it when others can observe you.
Don't disclose your Passwords to anyone; it is both personal and confidential.
Choose Passwords that are difficult for others to guess. Do not select easy-to-guess Password, like date of birth, telephone number or sequential numbers such as 111111, 12356 etc
- Use both letters and numbers and a combination of lower case and capital letters in your Passwords.
- Always log out of IndusNet after using the service or when you will be away from your PC. For security reasons, your login session of Net Banking will be terminated if your browser is left idle for a while.
- Always remember to close the browser application after logging out.
- Avoid accessing Net Banking through computers installed in public/open areas, e.g. cyber-cafes or libraries.
Our Bank does not ask for the details of your account / PIN / password. Therefore, any one pretending to be asking you for information from the bank / technical team may be fraudulent entities, so please be ware. You should know how to operate net transactions and if you are not familiar you may refrain from doing so. You may seek bank's guidance in this regard. Bank is not responsible for online transactions going wrong.
We shall also not be responsible for wrong transactions and want on disclosure of details by you. Viewing option and transactions options on the net are different. You may exercise your option diligently.
● Login/Password related
How many passwords do I need?
A User Id and a Login Password is needed to access IndusNet. To transact (financial & non financial) you would need your Transaction Password or register for One Time Password (OTP).
Can I change my User ID?
IndusNet offers you the opportunity to personalize your user id at the time of registration. You get the freedom of choosing your own user id subject to the same being available.
What are One Time Passwords (OTP)?
One Time Passwords (OTPs) are unique single use passwords that can be used for high value transactions and other key services on IndusNet.
How can I register for and use the OTP service?
In case you have an active IndusInd bank Debit card then you can register for OTP through IndusNet else get in touch with our Contact Centre or visit an IndusInd bank branch.
What are the benefits of using the OTP service?
The benefits of using OTP are:
Using it enables you to undertake transactions of a greater value than using only the transaction password while also ensuring higher security.
Using OTP service allows you to access services that are offered only via the use of OTPs e.g. enabling you to change your contact details.
Can I use the OTP in place of the Transaction Password?
Yes the OTP can be used in place of the Transaction Password
For how long is an OTP valid?
An OTP is valid for a few minutes only and can be used for one transaction / request only.
How long would it take to receive an SMS OTP?
The SMS OTP would be generated by the bank in real-time. The time taken for you to receive the SMS OTP would depend on your mobile operator.
What do I need to register online for IndusNet?
You need to have
Your IndusInd bank Customer ID
A valid IndusInd Bank Debit Card.
You would also be required to provide any one of the following fields to complete your online registration.
Date of Birth
Permanent Account Number (PAN)(In case you don’t have a valid Debit card please call our Contact Center or visit our Branches to know how to register for IndusNet.)
How do I register online for IndusNet?
You can visit the online registration section available on the login page of IndusNet and commence the process for Online Registration.
How many attempts do I get to enter my login password?
There will be 3 attempts allowed to enter your correct login password post which your account will get locked.
What do I do if my IndusNet user id gets locked?
In case your id gets locked, you can
Reset your password online from Activate/Unblock id section on IndusNet login page by providing your debit card and personal details.
Contact your Contact Center and ask the executive to assist you in resetting Login Password.
Does my password expire?
Your Login and Transaction password expires every 90 days
If you choose to reset either password before the expiry then the next expiry is 90 days from the password reset date
What do I do if my password expires?
In case your Passwords expire, you will be prompted to change your password after you log in, and before you login/transact subsequently.
What if I have forgotten my password?
In case you have forgotten your password you can reset the same by validating your debit card details on the “Forgot your Login Password” option.
How do I change my transaction password?
You can change it by navigating to the "Reset Transaction Password" section via the "Online Preferences" option located at the top of your IndusNet screen. Your password will be changed instantly.
● Account Related
Till how far back will my account transaction history be available for viewing on IndusNet?
You can view your last 12 months transactions through the transaction query option.
Can I save my account statement on my computer?
You can download and save the account statement in MS Excel or PDF format.
Can I see & print copy of cheques issued by me through IndusNet?
By clicking on the transactions on the transaction history page you can view details of the transactions. In case it is a transaction where a cheque had been issued by you a copy of the same would also be available. You can also print the copy of the cheque.
What is my primary account?
The primary account is the default account used for your IndusNet transactions. You can select and set any of your operative rupee accounts as the Primary account.
What are nicknames?
Nicknames are customized names that you can give to your account for your own convenience.
Can I view a history of my IndusNet activities?
Through the option of Account Inquiry you can see a log of all transactions (financial & non financial) done by you on any particular date that you logged into IndusNet.
● Manage My Account
What is Manage My Account?
Manage My Account is a one of a kind facility giving you the freedom to modify your relationship with the bank.
What can I do using this facility?
Through Manage My Account you can:
Update your Personal Details
Upgrade your Accounts and Debit cards
Choose your Debit Card & IndusNet Transaction Limits
Link deposits to your accounts
Customize alerts to be delivered on SMS, Email and IndusNet.
Is there a charge for using Manage My Account?
This facility is currently provided free of charge. Though there would be certain charges for certain services provided through this service. Please refer the Schedule of Charges to know more on any applicable charge.
● Fund Transfers
Which accounts can I transfer funds to?
You can transfer funds between any of your transaction accounts i.e. between your savings and current accounts. You can also transfer to pre-designated 3rd party accounts (Inter or Intra branch).
When do my transfers get processed?
Your transfers get processed instantly. Third Party Transfers can be scheduled for future dates.
How do I register a 3rd Party for Fund Transfers?
Using the Add Beneficiary option you can register either another IndusInd account or an account with another bank for transfers.
Is there a limit on the amount of money or the number of transfers I can do?
The daily limit & per transaction limit as displayed in the Limit Inquiry is applicable for transfer amounts.
How can I transfer Funds to accounts in other banks in India?
Through IndusNet you can use two routes to transfer funds to accounts in other banks in India:
National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT): Make funds transfer requests online to an account in another bank. Funds are transferred to the credit account with the other participating bank using RBI’s NEFT service. RBI acts as the service provider and transfers the credit to the other bank’s account.
Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS):You can make online fund transfers via the RTGS system
Can I schedule EFT payments for a future date?
Yes. You would even be able to create a frequency of such payments by selecting the Recurring Option & setting the Transaction Date in the Funds Transfer section.
Is there a charge for the service?
There is no charge for the e transfers service
What is RTGS?
RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) is a payment system launched by the RBI in which payment instructions are transferred instantaneously to a beneficiary holding an account with a bank branch which is registered for RTGS by the RBI.
What is the value of Fund Transfers I can do?
You need to transfer a minimum of Rs.200, 000 in a single fund transfer transaction to avail of the RTGS facility.
What is the time taken to transfer the money to other banks using E-transfers?
Debit from the account will be made online and the transfer will be done on the same day. A client will be unable to do a transfer if it is done post the cut off time that day. Cut off times as below:
RTGS : 9:00 am - 4:25 pm
NEFT: 9:00 am - 6:45 pm
How do I know if a particular branch participates in RTGS?
Based on selection of location & Bank name, there will be a list of participating branches displayed. In case, the required branch appears in the list, the same indicates that the branch participates in RTGS.
What is the charge per instruction?
There is no charge for the RTGS service.
Do I need to provide the IFSC code of the beneficiary bank?
No, based on simple search option-Location, Bank & Branch. The IFSC code will automatically be populated.
What happens if the RTGS instruction is returned?
The Bank will credit the funds back to your account with appropriate return reason as received from the beneficiary bank
● Bill Payments
What is View & Pay Service on IndusInd BillPay?
View & Pay is an extremely simple, convenient and secure way to view and pay your bills. Through this service you can view and pay your electricity, telephone, cellular, insurance and other bills using your IndusInd Bank Account. You can do all this from the comfort of your house or office, over the Internet - any time, any place.
What are the benefits of View & Pay service?
Paying bills with View & Pay simplifies your life. Your payments are made quickly and conveniently, and you no longer have to track multiple utility bills, write multiple checks or balance your check book.
How do I register and make payments through IndusInd BillPay?
If you are registered on IndusNet you can use the BillPay service. Once logged in you can go to the Bill Payment Tab and add all your Billers. You can then check the due amount on each of your bills, and click on payment option to make automatic payment using your IndusInd Bank Account.
How do I add billers after Registration?
After registration you can log into your account and start adding billers. Subject to your providing correct biller details all future bills raised within a week of your biller addition date will start getting raised in your account.
When can I start paying my bills through this facility?
Subject to correct submission of the biller details by you, all your future bills that are raised within 1 week of your biller addition date, will start getting raised in your account. If any of your biller addition gets rejected you will be able to view the status when you log in. In case of payment only type billers the biller does not need to be registered, an instant payment can be made to him.
How will I know that my bill has been received at IndusInd BillPay?
You will receive an e-mail/sms alert every time your bill is received.
Login into your account, check the amount and make a payment by clicking on the auto-Instant pay button.
How can I pay bills using the View & Pay Service?
Pay bills by clicking on the auto-instant pay button.
All the details from your bill are automatically captured, you can validate and click on the submit button.
This will take you to a secure payment gateway, where you will have to provide your IndusInd Bank Account details.
You will get a confirmation immediately on transacting on whether the transaction has been approved.
Which account can I use to pay my bills?
You can use any of your IndusInd Bank Accounts
By when should I make my bill payments?
To ensure that your payments arrive before a due date and to avoid late payment charges, you need to make your payment at least 3 working days before the bill due date.
Can I pay bills after their due date?
The biller specific terms are clearly indicated on the biller page when you are validating the Instant pay screen. Please adhere to them strictly. Where billers do not entertain late payments, any payment made by you after due date is liable to be rejected by the biller with attendant penalties.
Once I pay the bill, when will my account get debited and when will the utility company receive my payment?
On payment of the bill your account will get immediately debited online and the payment is sent to the utility company by the next working day. The same will get credited to your utility account in 3 working days time.
Can I pay someone else's bills?
Yes, you can pay someone else's bill through IndusInd Billpay.
What proof of payment do I have when I pay through IndusInd Billpay?
When your payment has been successfully made, you get a reference number for your transaction. Your IndusInd Bank Account statement will also include the details of your transaction under Instant pay transaction. This amount will be inclusive of the processing fee charged for each transaction.
If I am registered for View & Pay in a city, can I pay my bills from any other city?
Yes, you can pay your bills from any location through internet.
Is there a limit on the size of a payment I can make?
Please ensure you have free/unutilized credit limit in your account to make the payment otherwise the transaction will not get authorized.
Will I still receive my physical bill?
You will continue to receive your Physical bill even after registering for this service with us.
How do I stop a payment after it has been made?
IndusInd Billpay has no way to stop a payment after it has been processed. You should contact your biller.
Is the View & Pay system Secure?
View & Pay employs the best-in-class security so that the transactions done through the View & Pay service are secure. View & Pay uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) data encryption. Using SSL ensures that the information you exchange with IndusInd BillPay is never transmitted over the Internet unencrypted and cannot be viewed by unauthorized individuals. View & Pay uses SSL to protect users from unauthorized tampering or viewing of their account and billing information. This encryption is done using 128-bit RC4 encryption.
Will I be charged for using this facility?
This facility is currently provided free of charge.
What are alerts?
Alerts are IndusNet notifications that the bank will send you. These can be received on your welcome screen, to your email account, or to your mobile phone. In the Alerts section, you can select the kind of alerts you wish to receive, and on which channel.
What type of alerts can I set?
Account related alerts
Bill Payment alerts
Alerts on IndusNet Activities
How do I change my email/mobile phone details for my alerts?
You can change your email & mobile phone details from the “Manage Relationship” section.
Can I reply to or send further instructions to the alerts being sent on my email id?
No! Please do not reply to any of the alerts that are sent to your registered email address.
Would I be charged for using this facility?
This service is currently provided free of charge.
What are the banking requests that I can place online?
The requests that can be placed online are:
Stop Cheque Payment
Cheque Book Request
Demand Draft Request
Fixed Deposit Opening Request
Status of Inward clearing Instruments
Charge Plan Request
Account Statement Request
E-statement Registration Request
Mobile Alerts Registration Request
Cheque Pick up
Deposit Maturity Change Request
Sweep In Deposit
Notification of lost or stolen card
Debit Card Activation Request
Debit Card Modification Request
Profile Change Request (Primary/Linked Customer Id)
Grouping of customer id request
IndusNet Limit Change Request
Delink Customer Id
Email & Mobile
PAN & DOB
Can I book a Fixed Deposit through IndusNet?
IndusNet provides you with the facility to book your fixed deposits online. Through the “Service Request” option you can create your fixed deposits.
How long will it take to book the Fixed Deposit?
The fixed deposit advice will reach you at your mailing address 7 working days from the date of placing the request on IndusNet
Can I do a pre mature withdrawal or close a Fixed Deposit online?
This facility is currently not available through IndusNet though you can change the Maturity Instructions of your deposit online.
How do I know that my Fixed Deposit has been booked?
When your Fixed Deposit request is submitted, you will receive a Unique Reference Number. Your new Fixed Deposit will also be listed in your account statements, and will reflect in the transaction history of your funding account. In addition there will be a mail in your IndusNet Mailbox confirming the same.
How long will it take to activate the Stop Payment? How do I know that my Stop Payment Instruction has been accepted?
Your stop payment will be done instantly. A confirmation message of the same would be sent to you through Email & SMS.
What are the charges for Stop Payment?
This service is currently provided free of charge.
How long will it take for my Cheque Pick up Request to be processed?
The doorstep banking co-ordinator from the nearest Indusind Bank Branch will contact you to take the request forward. The timing of the cash delivery will be communicated by the Door Step Banking co-ordinator
How do I know that the request has been accepted?
When your request is submitted you will receive a unique reference number confirming the same. You can track the status of your requests in the “Service Request” section. When your request is processed, you will receive a notification on IndusNet, Email & SMS confirming the same, and it will also reflect in the transaction history of your funding account.
Are there any transaction limits?
Your daily IndusNet transaction limits apply for Doorstep Banking as well.
What are the charges?
This service is currently provided free of charge.
● Contact Us
How can I get in touch with IndusInd Bank?
You can either
Visit our branches or ATMs
Write to us through IndusNet
Call our contact center at Call our Contact Center from Monday to Saturday between 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
Mumbai Customers : (022) 4406 6666
Customers with MTNL/BSNL Numbers : 1800 22 0061
Other Customers : 1800 209 0061
Where are IndusInd bank branches & ATMs located?
Please check the BRANCH/ATM Locator to find the branch/ATM closest to you.
CUSTOMERS MUST READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES. BY USING THE SERVICES AND/ OR FACILITIES, CUSTOMERS SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND SHALL BE BOUND BY ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITONS.
This document lays down the Terms and Conditions which shall be applicable to all the Services and / or accounts (TOS) for availing of banking services through Internet as mentioned herein that are offered by IndusInd Bank Limited.
In this document the following words and phrases have the meaning set opposite them unless the context indicates otherwise:
Bank refers to IndusInd Bank Limited, a banking company incorporated in India under the Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered office at 2401 Gen. Thimmayya Road (Cantonment), Pune – 411 001, Maharashtra, India and Corporate office at 701/801, Solitaire Corporate Park, 167, Guru Hargovindji Marg, Andheri (East), Mumbai 4000 93 and including any branch / office thereof. The term includes the successors and assigns of the IndusInd Bank Limited.
The words, I, me, my, Customer and User refer to the person(s) who open the account and / or avail of the Services and / or facilities. It shall include both singular and plural. Reference to masculine shall include the feminine and neuter gender. These terms and conditions set out the rights and obligations of you, the User and / or customer, and us, the Bank, in connection with your use of the Services and/or Facilities.
- GENERALTERMS AND CONDITIONS - APPLICABLE TO ALL SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO SPECIFIC SERVICE AND/OR FACILITY VIZ.
GENERAL - APPLICABLE TO ALL SERVICES
These terms and conditions
- VANILLA NET BANKING (INDUS NET)
- BILL DESK
- INDUS PAY / E-WALLET
- MUTUAL FUNDS
- Are general terms and conditions for use of any of the specified Internet Banking services provided by the Bank by introducing internet products/facilities that is presently introduced and in vogue or to be introduced by the Bank from time to time. The Bank may specify the product/facility names for convenience of its identification/specialization. But the features and services provided for the product/ facility may not be in consonance with the names specified.
- The services shall be provided and these terms and conditions shall be applicable subject to the acceptance of applications as preferred by you to IndusInd Bank for the use of the various facilities and / or services offered hereto. IndusInd Bank has the right, at its sole discretion whether to accept/reject such applications. Applications should be received in the prescribed format.
- Is in addition to the terms and conditions that apply to the individual accounts and company accounts, you may be accessing through the Service. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions for availing of these services, then those terms and conditions will prevail; and
- Relates to (a) individual accounts in your sole name; (b) joint accounts but only if the accounts are operated by either or survivor or anyone or survivor i.e. the accounts are operated under the signature/ authority of any of the joint account holder and it shall not be available for accounts jointly operated by joint account holder; and (c) business and corporate accounts who have registered themselves for Indusnet / Internet facility (collectively called as 'eligible accounts'). Account holders who are not eligible account holders for these purposes may, however, nonetheless make account enquiries under these facilities.
- You shall access Bank’s website and use the facilities and / or services only for lawful purposes and you shall be responsible for complying with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in connection with the use of our website and facilities and / or services. This website is for personal use of the customers. You shall not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, products or services obtained from this website. You shall not create a hypertext link to the website or “frame” the website, except with the express advance written permission of IndusInd Bank Ltd. The information you provide in the Registration page must be complete, accurate and up to date. IndusInd Bank Ltd. reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as IndusInd Bank Ltd. deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or Governmental request.
- By submitting the 'I accept' button, for these terms and conditions at the time of login, you agree to be legally bound by the same.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time and any changes will be notified to you online. By submitting the 'I accept' button, for these revised clauses at the time of login, you agree to be legally bound by the same.
- In order to access and use the Services and / or Facilities, you must be an individual of at least 18 years of age who can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law or a corporation, company, trust, association of persons or firm which can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law. In case of a company, corporation, trust, association of persons or a firm, you must be authorized to agree to the TOS and to access, use and avail of the Services and / or Facilities. If you do not qualify, please do not access or use the Services and / or Facilities.
- If you are not a Resident Indian, you may access, use and avail of the Services and / or Facilities only to the extent that the laws of India and those of your country permit you to do so. Further, your use of the Service is based on the understanding and agreement that by accessing and using the Services and / or Facilities, you are not violating any of the local laws in India and/or your country from where you are availing the facility and/or services. You agree that you will be solely and absolutely liable for any liability incurred by you in this regard and you will indemnify any other concerned third party or otherwise against any liability incurred either by the bank and/ or any other third party in this regard.
Applicability to Future Accounts, Services and Facilities
- The Bank is introducing the above services in a phased manner. While Phase-I offers the following facilities, the facilities that are to be included in Phase-II and subsequently Phases will be communicated at the appropriate time:
- Account Enquiry, Transaction Enquiry, Deposit Enquiry, Mail facility, Funds Transfers and Requests for cheque book, Requests for Drafts, Requests for statements, Notification of address change, notification of lost/stolen card and instructions for stop payment of cheques. The clause headings in this agreement are only for convenience and do not effect the meaning of the relative clause. You shall not assign this agreement to anybody else. The Bank may subcontract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this contract.
- The Bank and you agree that if you open further Accounts with / subscribe to any of the Services and facilities of the Bank and the Bank extends the Internet Banking to such Accounts or Services and / or facilities and you opt for use thereof, then the Terms shall automatically apply to such further use of the Internet Banking by you.
Limitation Of Liability
- In order to use the Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must have all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
- In respect of the Services and / or facilities rendered to you, the Bank and / or any other concerned third party service provider reserves the right to charge and recover from you certain charges/fees by debiting one of your accounts or by sending a bill to you for the amount of charges /fees. You will be liable to pay these charges/fees by the date specified in that regard. Failure to pay such charges/fees on or before the specified date will render you liable for payment of interest at such rate as may be stipulated by the Bank and / or any other concerned third party service provider and/or withdrawal of the Service and/ or facilities without any liability to either the Bank and / or any other concerned third party service provider.
- You also acknowledge and accept that in the very nature of the Services and / or facilities to be provided, there can be number of factors affecting the provision of the Services and / or facilities by IndusInd Bank Ltd. and the obligation of IndusInd Bank Ltd. to provide the Services and / or facilities shall be on best efforts basis. IndusInd Bank Ltd. shall not be liable to you for any loss, expense or damage of any kind in connection with the performance of its obligations under this Agreement or arising from disruption, interruption, suspension or malfunction of the Service, for whatsoever reason.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Bank and / or any third service provider and/ or its respective suppliers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from: (i) the use or performance of the service and / or facilities or the inability to use or non performance of the services and / or facilities; (ii) the provision of or failure to provide services and / or facilities (iii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services and / or resulting from any goods, data, information or services and / or facilities purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the services and / or facilities; (iv) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (v) statements or conduct of any third party on the services and / or facilities; or (vi) any other matter relating to the services and / or facilities; whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if the Bank and / or any third service provider and/ or its respective suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
- To the extent possible, the disclaimers, limitations on liability and indemnities available to the Bank and / or any third service provider and/ or its respective suppliers under the TOS shall extend, mutatis mutandis, to the affiliates and partners of the Bank and / or any third service provider and/ or its respective suppliers and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, assigns, involved in providing, delivering or managing the Service and / or facilities (or any part thereof). However this clause shall not protect the aforesaid affiliates / partners or extend to their obligations and liability to the Bank and / or any third service provider and/ or its respective suppliers or the Bank and / or any third service provider and/ or its respective suppliers ' claims against them.
Proprietary and Intellectual Proprietary Rights
- The Bank shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future on the deposits held in your accounts whether in single name or joint name(s), to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of the services and/ or facilities extended to and/or used by you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- You acknowledge that the software underlying the Services and / or facilities as well as other Internet related software, which are required for accessing services and /or facilities are the legal property of the Bank and /or of the respective vendors who have developed and provided the software to the Bank for providing these services and/ or facilities to you. The permission given by the Bank to access services and /or facilities will not convey or confer any proprietary or ownership rights in the above software. You shall in no way try to alter / tamper or experiment with the said programme. Any breach on your part will be dealt under the appropriate law and you shall be liable for damages that may be incurred by the Bank.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services and / or facilities and any necessary software used in connection with the Services and facilities ('Software') contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Services and / or facilities or the Software, in whole or in part. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Services and /or facilities or the resale of its Services and /or facilities or the copying or reproduction of the Software to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is expressly prohibited and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
- You further acknowledge that you will not (nor will you allow any third party to) copy, modify, de-compile, translate, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble the Software or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, including (without limitation) or create any derivative product based on the software for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Services and /or facilities. You agree not to access the Services and /or facilities by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Bank and / or any other concerned third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers for use in accessing the Services and /or facilities.
You agree that the Bank or its contractors may hold and process his Personal Information on computer or otherwise in connection with Services and / or facilities as well as for statistical analysis and credit scoring. You also agree that the Bank may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
- For participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network
- In compliance with a legal directive
- For credit rating by recognized credit rating / scoring agencies
- For fraud prevention purposes.
The grant of services and / or facilities as offered herein and upon the same being availed by you is your personal service and shall not be transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by you. On death of individual or dissolution of the company, corporation, trust or firm or Association of Firms shall ipso facto terminate the services and/ or facilities availed by you.
In case of merger or amalgamation of the company, corporation or trust or firm or Association of persons into another company, corporation or trust or firm or Association of persons, then the existing services and/or facilities availed by you shall stand terminated and you shall have to apply a fresh for availing such services and/ or facilities.
The customer acknowledges that he is utilizing this facility at his own risk. There risks would include the following risks: These Risks are illustrative and not exhaustive.
Misuse of Password
The customer acknowledges that if any third person obtains access to his password, such third person would be able to provide payment instructions or third Party Funds Transfer to the Bank. The customer should ensure that the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the password as contained in the Net Banking Terms and conditions are complied with at all times. He acknowledges that if the password has been compromised then it shall be required to get his Third Party Funds Transfer Rights / Net Banking Rights disabled immediately or the Bank on its own may decide to disable Third Party Funds Transfer Rights / Net Banking Rights.
The Internet per se is susceptible to a number of frauds, misuse, hacking and other actions that could affect Payment Instructions to the Bank. Whilst the Bank shall aim to provide security to prevent the same, there cannot be any guarantee from such Internet frauds, hacking and other actions, which could affect Payment Instructions to the Bank. The customer should separately evolve / evaluate all risks arising out of the same. He understands that the susceptibility increases if a shared computer (at the cyber café / office / or any other place) is used and as such the usage of net banking from a shared computer (at the cyber café / office / or any other place) needs to be avoided.
Mistakes and Errors
The filling in of applicable data for transfer would require proper, accurate and complete details. For instance in the case of funds transfer, the customer is aware that he would be required to fill in the account number of the person to whom the funds are to be transferred.
In the event of any inaccuracy in this regard, the funds could be transferred to incorrect accounts and there is no guarantee of recovery thereafter. The customer should therefore take all care to ensure that there are neither mistakes nor errors and that the information/instructions given by you to the Bank in this regard is error free, accurate, proper and complete at all points of time. He agrees and acknowledges that the Bank shall not be responsible to verify the beneficiary details comprised in the payment instructions. On the other hand in the event of his account receiving an incorrect credit by reason of a mistake committed by some other person, the Bank shall be entitled to reverse the incorrect credit at any time whatsoever without the consent of the customer. He shall be liable and responsible to Bank and accede to accept the Bank’s instructions without questions for any unfair or unjust gain obtained by him as a result of the same.
The transactions which the customer may require for the transfer of the funds may not fructify or may not be completed by the parties to whom he requests the Bank to transfer the funds. The Bank is not in any manner involved in the said transactions and contracts and the customer will have his recourse in this regard shall be with the party with whom customer has had the transactions. The Bank is merely providing services whereby the said funds would be transferred at customers’ instructions.
The technology for enabling the transfer of funds and the other services offered by the Bank could be affected by virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro. It may also be possible that the site of the Bank may require maintenance and during such time it may not be possible to process the instruction or request. This could result in delays in the processing of instruction or failure in the processing of instructions and other such failures and inability. The customer understands that the Bank disclaims all and any liability, whether direct or indirect, whether arising out of loss of profit or otherwise arising out of any failure or inability by the Bank to honour any customer instruction for whatsoever reason.
The customer understands and accepts that the Bank shall not be responsible for any of the aforesaid risks. He also accepts that the Bank disclaim all liability in respect of the said risks.
The customer understands that this service allows him to transfer funds to another Third Party account within the Bank or outside the Bank and he also understands that it becomes more imperative for him to not divulge / share his PIN and customer ID to anyone including family members, office colleagues or any other person.
- The bank does not give any warranty (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise) in relation to the Services and /or facilities, and exclude all implied warranties and conditions including any warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, good title and non-infringement;
- In no event will the bank be liable for any incidental, consequential, indirect damages (including loss of profits and business interruption), or special or exemplary damages;
- Due to the nature of the Service, Bank will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to data, software and computer, telecommunications or other equipment caused to the customers using the Service unless such loss or damage is directly and solely caused by Bank’s negligence or deliberate default; and Bank cannot be held liable to the customer or any third party for any modification, enhancement, suspension or discontinuance of this service, whether within or outside Bank’s control.
- You shall indemnify and hold the Bank harmless against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever which the Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or by reason of arising out of providing facilities and / or services or by reason of the Bank in good faith taking or refusing to take or omitting to take action on any instruction given by you from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct in respect of the Services and / or facilities.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold IndusInd Bank Ltd., its officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors, suppliers, business partners and any third party information providers to the Site, Services or Materials from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your improper use of any Services or Materials, or any violation of this Agreement by you. The provisions of this paragraph are for the benefit of IndusInd Bank Ltd. and its officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors, suppliers, business partners and any third party information providers to the Site, Services or Materials. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the Services and / or facilities is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. The Bank and / or other third party service provider and/or its respective suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including without limitation, any representation or warranty for accuracy, continuity, uninterrupted access, timeliness, sequence, quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement or completeness. Specifically, The Bank and / or other third party service provider and/or its respective suppliers disclaim any and all warranties including, but not limited to any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, correctness or completeness of information, and any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to the TOS.
- The Bank and / or other third party service provider and/or its respective suppliers do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the Services and / or facilities in terms of its compatibility, correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. You assume total responsibility and risk for your access and use of the Services and / or facilities.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Services and / or facilities is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Bank and / or other third party service provider and/or its respective suppliers or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOS.
- Although the Bank and / or other third party service provider and/or its respective suppliers adopt security measures it considers appropriate for the offer of this Services and / or facilities, it does not assure or guarantee that no person will overcome or subvert the security measures and gain unauthorized access to the Services and / or facilities or any Member Accounts. The Bank and / or any third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers shall not be responsible or liable if any unauthorized person hacks into or gains access to the Services and / or facilities or to your accounts; and you shall be liable and responsible for the same.
- This disclaimer of liability applies also to any injury or damage caused by any failure of performance, delay in processing or transmission, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, computer virus, communication line failure, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- The Bank and / or any third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received, or not sent or not received, or any transactions entered into through the Services and / or facilities. You specifically agree that Bank and / or any third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers is not responsible for any content, data, information sent using and/or included in the Service by any third party.
As a condition of your use of the Services and / or facilities, you warrant to the Bank, any third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers that you will not use the Services and / or facilities for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content received and payments made through the Services and / or facilities. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree NOT to:
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs.
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Services and / or facilities or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services and / or facilities, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services and / or facilities, through password mining or any other means.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations
- Interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Services and / or facilities or another individual's or entity's use and enjoyment of similar Services and / or facilities.
- The Bank, any third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers have no obligation to monitor the Services and / or facilities or any member's use thereof or retain the content of any member session. However, the Bank, any third party service provider and / or its respective suppliers reserve the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
The bank shall not be held liable for transactions done using Indus Pay:
- If customer has acted negligently or fraudulently, he is liable for all claims, losses and consequences arising from or in connection with use of the Service
- If customer let any other person use his password or have knowledge of his welcome note, customer is liable for all claims, losses and consequences arising from or in connection with all transactions made using the Service by or with the consent of that person
- If customer has contributed to an unauthorized transaction, he may be liable for some or all of the losses resulting from the unauthorized transaction. Ways the customer can contribute to an unauthorized transaction include selecting an unsuitable password, keeping a written record of his password and user ID, disclosing his Password or User ID to any other person, failing to take reasonable steps to prevent disclosure of his Password or User ID to any other person, failing to take reasonable steps to observe any of his security duties referred to in these Terms and unreasonable delay in notifying the Bank of an actual or possible disclosure to any other person of his Password or User ID.
The customer is not liable under these Terms for loss caused by
- Negligent or fraudulent conduct by Bank’s employees or agents, or parties involved in the provision of the Service;
- System faults, including the systems used to provide the Service, unless the faults are obvious or advised by a notice or message; unauthorized transactions occurring before you have established a Password or Welcome note;
- Any other transactions where it is clear that customer could not have contributed to the loss.
The customer is also not liable if the customer has promptly reported to the Bank an actual or possible disclosure of customer’s Password or User ID by the third party, AND the loss is occurring after reporting and noting by the Bank save and except the customer have acted fraudulently or negligently.
Modifications of terms of service, member policies
The Bank and / or any third party service provider and / or their respective suppliers reserve the right at any time and from time to time, at its sole discretion, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, in part or in whole, the Services and / or facilities, TOS or policies regarding the use of the Service and / or facilities with or without notice. You agree that the Bank and / or any third party service provider and / or their respective suppliers shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services and / or facilities. Your continued use of the Services and / or facilities shall be deemed as an unconditional acceptance of these changes.
The Bank has the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms hereof and pertaining to the Services and / or facilities at any time and will endeavor to give prior notice of fifteen days for such changes wherever feasible except for changes to interest rates and / or Fees and/ or charges and /or other variations that are subject to market changes.
The bank may introduce new services from time to time. The existence and availability of the new functions will be notified to you as and when they become available.
The changed terms and conditions applicable to the new services shall be communicated to you by publishing it on the Website of IndusInd Bank Ltd.. By using these new services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions applicable at the time of availing of services and/or facilities.
You may request for termination of the Services and / or facilities at any time by giving a written notice of at least 15 days to the Bank. You will remain responsible for any transactions made in his accounts in terms of the Service and / or facilities prior to the time of such cancellation of the said services and / or facilities. The Bank may, without assigning any reasons, withdraw and / or suspend the Service and / or facilities at any time provided you are given reasonable notice under the circumstances. The closure of all your Accounts and the withdrawal of the Services and / or facilities thereof shall automatically stand terminated. Notwithstanding anything-contained hereinabove, the Bank reserves it right to suspend or terminate or withdraw the Services and / or facilities either temporary or permanent without prior notice.
Notices, Transaction Records And Electronic Disclosures
The Bank and you may give notices under these Terms and Conditions:
- Electronically to the mailbox of either party. Such notices will be regarded as sufficient notice and shall be binding on you.
- In writing by delivering them by hand or by sending them by post to the last address given by you and in the case of the Bank to the address mentioned above.
In addition, the Bank may also publish notices of general nature, which are applicable to you in respect of the Services and / or facilities offered to you through its web site. Such notices will have the same effect as a notice served individually to each User and / or Customer and or that of a notice published in a newspaper of print media.
The Services and / or facilities may also provide notices of changes, to either the TOS or other matters, by way of publication in newspapers or by displaying notices or links to notices on the Services and facilities. All such notices will have the same effect as a notice served individually to you. Notices and instructions will be deemed served 7 days after posting or upon receipt in the case of hand delivery, cable, telex, through internet or facsimile (fax).
The Bank or any third party service provider may be required to provide to you certain disclosures and notices, which are mandated by various laws and rules and transaction related notifications such as receipt of bill details, payment advices, payment return advices etc. You acknowledge and agree to receive all such disclosures and notifications electronically, which, in most cases, will be done through the Internet. If, for any reason, you do not wish to receive the disclosures electronically, you must advise the Bank or any third party service provider immediately. In such an event, the Bank or any third party service provider reserves the right to discontinue/terminate the provision of the Service and / or facilities to you, in whole or in part.
You acknowledge that the read-out, faxed, email or printed output, if any, that is generated at the time of operation of your account under the Services and / or facilities is a record of the operation by you. The records of the Bank or any third party service provider, generated by the transactions arising out of the use of the Services and / or facilities, including the time the transaction is recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
You acknowledge that the Bank or any third party service provider shall have no liability or obligation to keep a record of the transactions carried through the Service and/or facilities to provide information to you or for verifying your Payment Instructions, other than records required to be kept or information required to be provided statutorily by the Bank or any third party service provider.
You acknowledge that the Bank or any third party service provider does not pre-screen the data presented by Biller(s)/Payees(s), but that the Bank or any third party service provider shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or curtail any content/data that is available via the Services and / or facilities. Without limiting the foregoing, the Bank or any third party service provider shall have the right to remove any content/data that violates the TOS or is otherwise in violation of any contract entered into by the Bank or any third party service provider. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content/data, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content/data.
A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within three (3) months after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
If any part of these Terms of Service is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable laws including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
The general provisions of the Terms of Service shall be read with the other terms and conditions which are specially applicable to the Services and / or facilities offered herein to you to the extent of both being consistent with each other. In the event of any inconsistency between the general provisions and the special provisions hereto, the special provisions in respect of the Services and / or facilities offered herein shall prevail.
If at any time, during the continuance of the Services and / or facilities, the performance in whole or in part, of any obligation under it shall be prevented or delayed by reason of disconnection or non availability of internet connectivity for any reasons whatsoever or war, hostility, act of the public enemy, civil commotion, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, epidemic, quarantine restriction, strikes, lockout or Change of Laws and Rules and Regulations of Government and/or Regulatory Authorities or Act of God etc. you will not have any claim for damages against the Bank in respect of such non-performance or delay in performance of the Services and facilities.
You hereby declare that you have read these terms and conditions completely and that you unconditionally agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
The use of this service shall mean that you has read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
The terms and conditions and/or the operations in your accounts maintained by the Bank and/or the appropriate laws of the Republic of India and no other nation shall govern the use of the services and / or facilities provided through website of IndusInd Bank Limited. The Bank and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts located in Mumbai, India as regards any claims or matter arising under these terms and conditions as pertaining to the services and / or facilities.
The Banks accepts no liability whatsoever, direct or indirect, for non-compliance or breach of the laws of any country other than the Republic of India. The mere fact that you avail of access the services and/ or facility in a country other than India shall not be interpreted to imply that the laws of the said country shall govern these terms and conditions and/or the operations in your accounts and/or the use of the Services and / or facilities. You from any place other than India will not alter the situation and you shall be deemed to have submitted himself to the laws of the Republic of India.
Any dispute or difference arising between the Bank and you shall be settled by mutual consultation /discussion failing which the same shall be referred to the Sole Arbitrator appointed by the Bank. The Arbitration proceedings shall be governed and conducted in accordance with the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1998 and that the Arbitration proceedings shall take place in Mumbai. The arbitration proceeding shall be held in English. The Arbitration Award shall be binding upon you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO SPECIFIC SERVICE OR FACILITY
VANILLA NET BANKING (INDUS NET)
Indusnet is the Bank’s Internet Service, offering the following facilities / services to the User:
Applicability of terms
- Balance enquiry, statement of account, request for issue of cheque book, request for issue of draft, request for issue statement, notification of stop payment, notification of lost/stolen card, notification of address change, view personal account information, funds transfer from the customers one account to another account and funds transfer from any of the eligible account of customer to the credit in the account of any other person and other facilities/ services as the bank may decide to provide from time to time.
- User and / or Customer refers to any person who has an account with the Bank and who has been authorized by the Bank to avail of Indusnet.
- Account means and refers to the User’s Savings and / or Current Account and / or Fixed Deposit and / or Cash Credit Account and / or any other type of account so designated by the Bank to be covered under the Indusnet facility.
- Terms refer to terms and conditions for use of Indusnet as detailed in this document as well as general terms and conditions which are published on the website of Bank for use of Indusnet facility
These terms form the contract between the Bank and you. By applying for Indusnet and accessing the facilities and / or services, you acknowledge and accept these Terms. These terms will be in addition and not in derogation of the terms and conditions relating to any of your accounts.
Application for Indusnet
The Bank may extend Indusnet facility to select customers at its discretion. You would need to be a current legal Internet User or have access to the Internet and knowledge of how the Internet works. The registration form for Indusnet may be filled and submitted at any of the bank’s branches. Upon receipt of request in the bank’s prescribed form and subject to the satisfaction of the eligibility criteria notified by the bank, from time to time, the bank at its discretion shall provide access. You shall not attempt or permit others to attempt accessing the account information stored in the bank’s computers through any means other than Indusnet. You shall not attempt or permit others to attempt accessing the account information stored in the banK’s computers which does not relate to his or its account and / or for illegal and improper purposes which, if done and proved so, will be liable for action under the appropriate law and withdrawal of the facility enjoyed.
All instructions for operating the Indusnet facility shall be given to you by Internet in the manner indicated by the Bank. You are also responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the instructions so provided to the Bank and the same shall be considered to be sufficient to operate the Indusnet facility. The Bank shall not be required to independently verify the instructions and the instruction once given is effective unless countermanded by further instructions, within a short span of time. The Bank shall have no liability if it does not or is unable to stop or prevent the implementation of the initial instructions. Where the Bank considers the instructions to be inconsistent or contradictory, it may seek clarification from you or may act upon any instructions as it may think fit.
Authority to the Bank
Indusnet transactions in your Account(s) are permitted only after authentication of the Login ID and Password/s as applicable to the respective accounts. You (along with the joint account holder, if any) grants express authority to the Bank for carrying out the banking transactions performed by him through Indusnet. The Bank shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any transaction received from you through Indusnet or purporting to have been sent by you via Indusnet other than by means of verification of the Login Id and the password/s. Illegal or improper use of the Indusnet facility shall render you liable for payment of financial charges as decided by the Bank or will result in the suspension of the operations through Indusnet.
The display or printed output that is produced by you at the time of operation of Indusnet is a record of the operation of the Internet and shall not be construed as the Bank’s record of relative transactions. The Bank’s own record of transactions maintained through computer systems or otherwise shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purposes unless any discrepancy is pointed out within one week from the date of you accessing your account or from the date of sending the periodical statement to you, whichever is earlier.
Accuracy of Information
You are responsible for the correctness of information supplied to the Bank through the use of Indusnet or through any other means such as electronic mail or written communication. The Bank accepts no liability for the consequence arising out of erroneous information supplied by you. You shall at periodic intervals check the correctness of the statement and shall notify the Bank about any discrepancies that may occur.
All outputs of statements are duplicate statements of account and will be prepared by electronic means and the information contained therein will be extracted from a computerized back up system maintained by the Bank. While the Bank will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the statement, the Bank is not liable for any error. You shall hold the bank harmless against any loss, damages, etc. that may be incurred / suffered by you if the information contained in the above said outputs turns out to be inaccurate / incorrect.
You alone shall be liable for any loss from unauthorized transactions in the Indusnet accounts if you has breached the terms or contributed or caused the loss by negligent actions such as the following:
- Keeping a written or electronic record of Indusnet password/s.
- Disclosing or failing to take all reasonable steps to prevent disclosure of the Indusnet password/s to anyone including any minor, Bank staff and/or failing to advise the Bank of such disclosure within reasonable time.
- Not advising the Bank in a reasonable time about unauthorized access to or erroneous transactions in the Indusnet accounts.
The Bank shall in no circumstances be held liable by you if Indusnet access is not available in the desired manner for reasons including but not limited to natural calamity, floods, fire and other natural disasters of any kind, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or Internet or network Failure, power breakdown or UPS breakdown, software or hardware failure and or error or any other reason beyond the reasonable control of the Bank. The Bank shall in no way be liable for any loss or damage that may occur due to hacking of the account by any persons other than you, which fits in the definitions of a 'Cyber Related Crime' as accepted internationally. The Bank shall under no circumstances shall be liable for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, investment, production, goodwill, profit, interruption of business or any other loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by you or any other person.
The Bank will advise from time to time the Internet software such as Browsers, which are required for using Indusnet. There will be no obligation on the Bank to support all the versions of this Internet software. You shall upgrade his software, hardware and the operating systems at his cost from time to time and the Bank shall be under no obligation to support the software, hardware, the operating systems belonging to you and that the same shall be your sole responsibility.
In case of individual accounts this facility will be granted to individual and not to the account holders, which are operated through power of attorney holder. One Login ID and password/s will be issued to account holder, when requested. All correspondence will be addressed to the mailing address provided in the registration form. All transactions arising from the use of Indusnet in the accounts shall be binding on all the account holders. The Bank shall in no way be liable for any loss / damage whatsoever that may be incurred or alleged to be incurred by the other joint holder in such an event.
In case of joint accounts, facility of Indusnet will be made available only if the mode of operation is – ‘either or survivor’ or ‘anyone or survivor’. The request for availing the facility should come from all the account holders jointly. However, while using the facility under the Indusnet, it shall be used under the authority of any one of the account holders and shall be binding on all other the joint account holders. For such joint accounts, one Login ID and password/s will be issued to each of the joint Account holders when requested. The other joint account holders shall expressly agree with the arrangement and give their consent for Indusnet. In case of joint accounts operated by more than one User Bank shall act on instruction received first and any subsequent instructions shall be ignored. All correspondence will be addressed to the mailing address provided in the registration form. All transactions arising from the use of Indusnet in the joint accounts shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally. The Bank shall in no way be liable for any loss / damage whatsoever that may be incurred or alleged to be incurred by the other joint holder in such an event.
Accounts in the names of minors
In case of accounts opened for and on behalf of minors, the natural guardian shall undertake to give all instructions relating to the operation of the account and further undertake not to reveal the Login ID and Password/s to the minor, which if done so will be at the risk and consequences of the guardian and the Bank shall not be liable for any loss on that account in case if the account is operated by the minor. In such an event the transaction will be deemed to have been undertaken by the guardian.
The Bank shall take reasonable care to ensure the security of and prevent unauthorized access to the Indusnet service using technology reasonably available to the Bank.
You accept and unconditionally agree to the following: -
- Upon approval of the account holder’s application, you will be allotted a Login Id and password/s to access the Indusnet facility.
- The password/s will be mailed by the bank to the mailing address or alternatively handed over against acknowledgement at the branch in terms of the option exercised by you in the Registration Form.
- If the mail reaches you in a tampered / damaged condition, the bank will be forthwith contacted.
- On accessing Indusnet for the first time, you shall change the password/s assigned by the Bank through the relevant option. You are at liberty to change the password/s as many number of times as possible at his risk and consequences. You will be solely responsible for maintaining secrecy of the password/s, so changed, and the Bank in no way shall be responsible for the misuse of the said password/s by any person other than you and / or any other authorized User.
- The bank does not assume any responsibility in this behalf including against loss incurred by you as a result of misuse / unauthorized use of Login ID / password/s.
- In case you forget the password/s, a new password/s may be obtained from the Bank against a written request. Such replacements shall not be construed / deemed as the commencement of new contract. In such an event the Bank shall provide the new password/s within a reasonable period. However, till such time no transactions could be effected.
All correspondence / delivery by the Bank of any instructions or their communication shall only be made at the normal postal address and as registered with the Bank. The Bank shall in no way be held responsible for any non-receipt of the same.
In case of you making a request for issuance of Draft, then the bank shall issue the draft in the name of beneficiary mentioned therein and shall dispatch the draft at the mailing address given by you. The User shall in no way hold the Bank responsible for any delay or non-receipt of the same. The User shall bear the courier charges and other service charges levied by the bank.
Cheque Book Issue
You can request for an issue of a cheque book and the cheque book will be mailed to the address as on the Bank’s records. The courier charges will be borne by you as per schedule of charges decided by the Bank.
(As and when introduced by the Bank):
All the requests for instantaneous financial transactions will be given effect promptly.
All the requests for others like issue of Drafts, opening of Fixed Deposit account, etc. will be carried out at the end of the day on first-in-first-out basis subject to availability of clear balance in the account authorized for debit. In case requests for effecting any transactions are received on weekly off / holiday / public holidays, they shall be effected on the immediately succeeding working day on the terms and conditions prevailing on that day.
You shall not hold the Bank responsible for not processing / effecting any transactions in case the Bank does not receive instruction to this effect even though you have forwarded the same.
Issue of Demand Drafts
Demand Draft will be issued on the locations where the Bank either has a branch or has an arrangement with its correspondent bank at that location. The bank shall issue the draft in the name of beneficiary mentioned therein and shall dispatch the draft at the mailing address given by you. You shall in no way hold the Bank responsible for any delay or non-receipt of the same. You shall bear the courier charges and other service charges levied by the bank.
You shall not use or attempt to use Indusnet for funds transfer without sufficient funds in the relative account or without a pre-existing arrangement with the Bank for the grant of an overdraft. The Bank will endeavor to effect such funds transfer transactions received through Indusnet provided there are sufficient funds available in your account. The funds transfer shall be allowed from your account to any other account belonging to you and / or any other customer of the Bank. Funds transfer in the account of third person shall only be allowed for credit of the funds in the third party and not for transferring the funds from the account of third party to you. The Bank shall not be liable for any omission to make all or any of the payments or, for late payments due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Bank.
Stop Payment Request
The bank will take all effective steps to implement your instructions for Indusnet stop payment of instrument immediately. The bank will communicate to the base branch for effective implementation of the instructions given by you. The Bank or its Officers, however, will not be responsible if any payment takes place takes place till such confirmation is received and noted by the base branch.
Notification of Lost or Stolen ATM Card
Service to be activated by ATM channel and not effected online. Confirmation from ATM channel would be communicated once received. Bank will not be responsible for any payment made after lodging the request till confirmed by the ATM Channel. All the terms and conditions of the Agreement of ATM facility will also be applicable for Indusnet customers.
The bank through the service provider IndiaIdeas.com Limited shall provide the services of Bill Desk to the eligible customers on following terms and conditions.
Your Registration Obligations
- IndiaIdeas refers to IndiaIdeas.com Limited, a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act 1956 having its registered office at E-510, Crystal Plaza, New Link Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai-400 053, and includes its successors and assigns. IndiaIdeas owns and manages the website www.billdesk.com and is offering the service and / or facility in the capacity of being a third party service provider.
- Bill Desk Service (or 'the Service') refers to the Bill Presentment and Payment Service and other services that may be offered from time to time by IndiaIdeas for use with the BillDesk account member name (each feature individually and collectively referred to as the 'Service').
- BillDesk.com (or 'BillDesk') refers to the web site through which IndiaIdeas is offering this service through the Internet.
- Member(s) refers to the eligible customer(s) of the BillDesk Service as authorised by IndiaIdeas.
- Bank of Baroda or Sponsor Bank refers to Bank of Baroda, a banking company constituted under the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970 and having its Registered Office at Baroda and acting as the Sponsor Bank for IndiaIdeas under the ECS scheme introduced by the Reserve Bank of India and sends Payment Instruction(s) to and receives payment from, the Member's Payment Account.
- ECS refers to the off-line electronic funds transfer system implemented by the National Clearing Centre (NCC) of the Reserve Bank of India allowing paperless direct debit and credit transaction between banks and of which Bank of Baroda is registered as a Sponsor Bank.
- Biller refers to the person or entity with whom IndiaIdeas has an agreement for participation in the Service and who presents to the Member some or all the details of the bill through the Service and also accepts payments made by the Member through IndiaIdeas.
- Payee refers to the person or entity with whom IndiaIdeas has an agreement for participation in the Service and to whom the Member wishes the payment to be made.
- Payment Account refers to any account of the Member, including the bank accounts maintained with any bank, from which the Member desires to make payment of the bill to the Biller/Payee.
- Payment Instruction refers to instruction given by the Member using the BillDesk Service for effecting payments to Biller/Payee.
- Business Day means Monday through Friday, excluding Banking holidays.
- Due Date refers to the date by which the Biller/Payee should receive the payment of the bill.
- Payment Date refers to the date the Biller/Payee actually receive the payment of the bill after due processing of the Payment Instruction set up by a Member.
- Pay On Date or Scheduled Date refers to the date for which the Member has scheduled the Payment Instruction(s) and also represents the last date before which the Member can choose to cancel/modify his/her Payment Instruction(s).
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
Member Account, Password, And Security
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself ("Registration Data"), your Payment accounts and Payment Instruction(s) ("Payment Data"), your Biller & Payee details ("Authentication Data") and
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, Payment Data and Authentication Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or IndiaIdeas has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, IndiaIdeas has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
To open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with your Registration Data, including your choice of password, an account name and a secret question & answer ("Secret Key", to be used by you in case you forget your password). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Registration Data, Payment Data and Authentication Data, and are fully responsible and liable for all activities that occur under your password or account or Secret Key. You agree to
- immediately notify BillDesk of any unauthorized use of your password or account or Secret Key or any other breach of security, and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Any transaction or activity pursuant to use of your account or password shall be deemed to be your transaction or activity and IndiaIdeas shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any such transaction or activity. IndiaIdeas does not assume any responsibility and cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
If you forget your password, you can use the Secret Key to request for a new password. On BillDesk being satisfied of your identity (which satisfaction shall be entirely at the discretion of BillDesk), BillDesk shall communicate a new password to you at the e-mail address registered by you with BillDesk. You shall be responsible for continuing to maintain this e-mail address. BillDesk shall not be liable if it declines to furnish the password by reason of it not being satisfied as to your identity.
For your security reasons you have to change this new password as soon as it is received by you, and until then this password shall be deemed to be your password and you will be responsible and liable for all transactions pursuant thereto. Upon generation of the new password, BillDesk shall discontinue the use of the old password. However, you shall be responsible and liable for all transactions that are carried out by the use of the old password, till the time of discontinuation of the old password.
Notwithstanding anything stated elsewhere in the TOS, and despite correct use of your Member account and password, BillDesk shall be entitled in its sole discretion (but shall not be bound) to seek offline and/or additional written or other confirmation from you of any instruction, transaction or activity as BillDesk may deem fit.
It is IndiaIdeas' policy to respect the privacy of its members. IndiaIdeas will not monitor, edit, or disclose any personal information about you or your use of the Service, including its contents, without your prior permission unless IndiaIdeas has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) confirm to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of IndiaIdeas; (3) enforce the TOS; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others. IndiaIdeas does provide certain member information in aggregate form to third parties, including its advertisers, for demographics. In addition, your Internet Protocol address is transmitted with each message sent from your account. For more information, see the BillDesk Privacy Statement.
Some personal information you provide to IndiaIdeas may be stored outside India.
You agree that IndiaIdeas may access your account, including its contents, as stated above or to respond to service or technical issues.
Authority To Debit Payment Account
You shall furnish to IndiaIdeas an unconditional ECS Mandate in the manner and form prescribed by the RBI and required by IndiaIdeas, designating the Payment Accounts from which you intend to, using the ECS mechanism, effect the payments for the Payment Instruction(s) to be given by you from time to time. You also agree to submit a copy of the ECS Mandate to your banker maintaining the Payment Account(s). For payments, where the ECS mechanism is not used, you undertake to authorise IndiaIdeas in such manner and form as may be prescribed by IndiaIdeas in that regard, to debit your Payment Account(s) and effect the payment(s).
You also agree to intimate to IndiaIdeas, in such manner and form as may be specified by IndiaIdeas in this regard, the designated Biller(s)/Payee(s) to whom you intend to make payments. On authentication of your account by the Biller(s)/Payees(s) and subject to the arrangement between IndiaIdeas and the Biller(s)/Payees(s), you will thereafter be able to issue Payment Instruction(s). The Payment Instruction(s) to be issued by you will have to be in conformity with the terms and conditions specified by the relevant Biller(s)/Payee(s) in this regard. Your submission of the Payment Instruction(s) from time to time shall constitute an irrevocable and unconditional authority to IndiaIdeas to initiate the process through ECS or otherwise for debiting the Payment Account(s) and making the payment to the Biller(s)/Payee(s). Payment Instruction(s) received at BillDesk, shall supercede all earlier instructions/ authorisation /mandates given by you to anyone in that regard.
Your Payment Instruction(s) will be effected only after proper authentication in accordance with the prescribed procedure of the BillDesk Service. BillDesk starts the processing of your Payment Instruction(s) on the Scheduled Date specified by you. These Payment Instruction(s) are submitted by BillDesk to the Bank of Baroda, which has been designated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as the Sponsor Bank for the offer of this service. These Payment Instruction(s) are then submitted by Bank of Baroda to the Reserve Bank of India National Clearing Cell (NCC), for each settlement period of the ECS scheme, to effect the Payment Instruction(s) by debiting the Payment Account.
For payments where the ECS mechanism is not used, the Payment Instruction(s) shall be processed in the manner as may be indicated by IndiaIdeas from time to time.
It shall solely be your responsibility to choose a Pay On Date for the payment of your bill(s) well in advance of the Due Date so that BillDesk has sufficient time to process your Payment Instruction(s) and make the funds available to the relevant Biller(s)/Payee(s) by the Payment Date. If the Payment Date happens to be after the Due Date, you shall be liable to pay the delayed/late charges and/or for all other consequences as per the then existing policy of the Biller(s)/Payee(s). IndiaIdeas assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to effect any Payment Instruction(s) on the Payment Date owing to any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If the Payment Instruction(s) issued by you is/are incomplete, inaccurate, invalid or delayed.
- If the Payment Account has insufficient funds/limits to cover for the amount as mentioned in the Payment Instruction(s)
- If the funds available in the Payment Account are under any encumbrance or charge.
- If your Bank or the NCC refuses or delays honoring the Payment Instruction(s).
- Circumstances beyond the control of IndiaIdeas (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquakes, natural disasters, bank strikes, power failures, systems failure like computer or telephone lines breakdown due to an unforeseeable cause or interference from an outside force).
In case the bill payment is not effected for any reason, you will be intimated about the failed payment by an e-mail message sent to the email account specified by you in that regard. IndiaIdeas assumes no responsibility beyond that of sending the intimation to you in this regard.
If IndiaIdeas fails to effect the Payment Instructions on/before the Payment Date for any reason other than the reasons mentioned above and such failure is directly and solely attributable to IndiaIdeas, then in such an event, the liability of IndiaIdeas shall be restricted to late payment charges, if any, subject to the maximum of Rs 500/- per bill. Under no circumstances shall IndiaIdeas and/or its officers, directors, employees or agents shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or for loss of profit, revenue, even if advised of the possibility of those damages except to the extent as mentioned above.
Notwithstanding anything stated elsewhere in the TOS, BillDesk shall be entitled, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse to comply with all or any of your instructions without assigning any reason.
Modification Or Cancellation Of Payment Instructions
You shall be entitled to cancel or modify the Payment Instruction(s) issued by you, in the manner specified by the BillDesk Service from time to time, so however that such modification or cancellation is made by you before the Pay On Date specified in that regard. When you place a request to cancel or modify the Payment Instruction(s) set up by you, such instruction or transaction will only be cancelled if your request for cancellation is received and acted upon by before the processing of the instruction or transaction has been initiated.
You agree that IndiaIdeas may, in its sole discretion, with or without notice, terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of or access to the Service, and remove and discard any content/bills/data within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if IndiaIdeas believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Further, you agree that IndiaIdeas shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may request for termination of the BillDesk service any time by submitting a request to IndiaIdeas or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree that you shall remain responsible for all Payment Instruction(s) submitted prior to the termination date.
- The section titles in this agreement are for only for convenience and do not affect the meaning of the relative clause.
- IndiaIdeas may sub-contract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this contract. IndiaIdeas may transfer or assign its rights and obligations under this contract to any other entity.
- The Service would operate during timings specified by the IndiaIdeas. Any Payment Instruction(s) received after the specified time on any day shall be deemed to have been received on the next Business Day.
- The Service is governed by the guidelines issued by the RBI from time to time.
- A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- The Bank shall provide you subject to these Terms and Conditions, Services and facilities, for transacting on their accounts through specific websites.
- You use these Services and facilities to give instructions to the Bank and communicate with the bank for the purpose of conducting banking business and other transaction and dealings of various natures.
- The Bank maintains the web-site www.IndusInd.com (the site) to provide you with information about the Services and facilities and products of the Bank, and to facilitate communication with the Bank.
- The Bank may impose maximum / minimum limits per transaction as well as total value in a day that may be transferred through this mechanism. This is a risk containment measure and you will strictly comply this condition.
- Not all the products and Services and facilities are available in all geographic locations, the Bank reserves the right to determine the eligibility for any product or service.
- The bank may require you to nominate or record specific account(s) for the purpose of the Services and facilities.
- The Bank reserves the right to change and vary, from time to time, the terms, conditions and notices applicable to the use of the Site and reserves the right to modify any features of any products or Services and facilities offered by Bank on the site and any information found on the site, without limitation to –
- If any of these terms contradict any other applicable terms, these terms (with respect to your using this service) shall override to the extent that there is a contradiction.
- The bank shall not be held liable for transactions done using Indus Pay.
- If you has acted negligently or fraudulently, you will be liable for all claims, losses and consequences arising from or in connection with use of the Service.
- If you let any other person use your password or have knowledge of your welcome note, you is liable for all claims, losses and consequences arising from or in connection with all transactions made using the Service by or with the consent of that person.
- If you has contributed to an unauthorized transaction, you may be liable for some or all of the losses resulting from the unauthorized transaction. Ways you can contribute to an unauthorized transaction include selecting an unsuitable password, keeping a written record of your password and user ID, disclosing your Password or User ID to any other person, failing to take reasonable steps to prevent disclosure of your Password or User ID to any other person, failing to take reasonable steps to observe any of your security duties referred to in these Terms and unreasonable delay in notifying the Bank of an actual or possible disclosure to any other person of your Password or User ID.
You is not liable under these Terms for loss caused by:
- Negligent or fraudulent conduct by Bank’s employees or agents, or parties involved in the provision of the Service;
- System faults, including the systems used to provide the Service, unless the faults are obvious or advised by a notice or message; unauthorized transactions occurring before you have established a Password or Welcome note;
- Any other transactions where it is clear that you could not have contributed to the loss.
- You will also not liable if you has promptly reported to the Bank an actual or possible disclosure of you’s Password or User ID by the third party, AND the loss is occurring after reporting and noting by the Bank save and except you have acted fraudulently or negligently.
MUTUAL FUNDS You shall be provided with the data and / or the latest status of your investments in the mutual funds by way of publication of the same on the website. This will be provided only by way of information.Nothing contained herein shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an advise, an offer to sell/purchase or as an invitation or solicitation to do so for any securities of any entity. The Bank and/or its Affiliates make no representation as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained herein or otherwise provided and hereby disclaim any liability with regard to the same.
The information contained herein may not be altered in any way, transmitted to, copied or distributed, in part or in whole, to any other person or to the media or reproduced in any form, without prior written consent of the Bank or the relevant owner of the intellectual property, as the case may be. The Bank or its officers, employees, personnel, directors may be associated in a commercial, professional or personal capacity or may have a commercial interest including as proprietary traders in or with the securities and/or companies or issues or matters as contained in this publication and such commercial capacity or interest whether or not differing with or conflicting with this publication, shall not make or render the Bank liable in any manner whatsoever and the Bank or any of its officers, employees, personnel, directors shall not be liable for any loss, damage, liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use or access of any information that may be displayed on the website from time to time.
You should exercise due care and caution in respect of the information as displayed herein on the website (including if necessary, obtaining of advise of tax/ legal/ accounting/financial/ other professionals) prior to taking of any decision, acting or omitting to act, on the basis of the information contained herein.
The Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out on the website. The information in this web site reflects the existing status of the investments made as of this date, all of which are expressed without any responsibility on our part and are subject to change in future. The Bank has relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information which was provided to or which was otherwise reviewed by the Bank, in course of collation of the information. No reliance may be placed for any purpose whatsoever on the information published on the website or on its completeness. The information set out herein may be subject to updating, completion, revision, verification and amendment depending upon market conditions and such information may change materially in such case.